StandBy Method Acting Studio’s terms of service (“agreement”).
The terms and conditions (“agreement”) are between you “the applicant” and “the company” (StandBy Method Acting Studio).
By submitting your application form you, “the applicant” and/or “the applicants” parent/guardian (where an applicant is under the age of 18 years), accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions. Any participation in the audition process will constitute acceptance of this agreement.
- The company will offer the applicant the opportunity to audition for a place on the company’s 12 week method acting programme if the company feel a suitable application has been submitted. The applicant will be notified by the company via email and SMS if the application was successful. The applicant therefore takes full responsibility for providing accurate information for the company to communicate with. The company takes no responsibility for information not received by the applicant with regards to the outcome of their application
- The company reserves the right not to contact unsuccessful applications, and therefore the applicant should deem their application unsuccessful if no communication has been made within 72 hours of submitting an application.
- The applicant agrees to pay a £25 fee to participate in the audition process, to cover the studio, staff and admin fees, which is payable via BACS and within 3 days of the date of the invoice. The applicant understands that any fees not paid within seven days of the invoice being issued will result in the termination of the application.
- The applicant is consenting to receiving communication via SMS and email during the application and leading up to/including the audition day.
- The £25 fee gives the applicant access to a 15 minute audition for a place on the 12 week method acting programme and to be work-shopped during a 2 hour group re-call audition with the company if the company believe a satisfactory first round audition was delivered.
- The £25 audition fee is non-refundable. If the applicant decides to cancel the audition with the company at any point from sending an application, leading up to and including on the audition day, no refund shall be granted.
- If the company offers a place to the applicant to train on the 12 week method acting programme, the applicant will have the audition fee deducted from the course price.
- The applicant accepts and takes full responsibility for keeping up to date with the company’s communications including where email communication is made. The company take no responsibility for unread or undelivered emails/SMS messages.
- The applicants personal details which include name, date of birth, postal address, email address and phone number will be used for the purpose of processing the application form, to communicate up to and including on the audition day and communicating the outcome of the audition to the applicant via SMS, phone call and email.
- The applicant’s personal details, including that of the parent/guardian of any applicant under the age of 18 years, will be stored on the company’s audition files for a period of 6 months for the purpose of market research and data analysis.
- The applicants personal details will be destroyed and deleted from the company’s audition files after the 6 month period.
- The applicants personal details will not be passed onto any third parties, but may be used to re-market to via online advertisement.
- The applicant can contact the company at anytime and ask the company to destroy their details fully and completely after the audition process and should contact the company in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the applicant wishes for their details to be destroyed during the audition process the company will not be able to make adequate communications with the applicant, which may result in the applicant not receiving or missing their audition slot, which the company takes no responsibility for.
- This site and its components are offered for informational purposes only; this site shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the site, and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information.
- The company will not discriminate. Applications are welcomed from everybody who has the desire to learn to a professional standard regardless of race, colour, religion or sexual orientation.