Are you an aspiring actor with HUGE DREAMS?
You know exactly where you want to get to but it doesn’t seem to be working out as you’d hoped!
Maybe you’ve had a few set backs?
- The agent you’ve got your heart set on is proving a little bit more difficult to get hold of
- You haven’t quite made as much money as what you’ve been spending (headshots/showreel/training/Spotlight/travel to auditions)
- You haven’t landed as many roles as what you’d have liked
- One minute you’re mega busy, the next… well talk about a dry patch
- You’ve thought loads of times whether it’s even worth it (but the thought of going back to normal life fills you with dread)
This is completely normal. No actor has ever woken up with an Oscar in their hand. Lots of actors put unnecessary pressure on themselves to make it NOW. You are NOT a failure if it’s taking you longer than what you intended to find your big break. Ever heard the saying “it takes 10 years to become an overnight success”?
SURVIVING ACTORS HAVE SORTED IT FOR YOU.
They are a fantastic company created by actors, for actors to help you build that momentum back up and get you feeling ready to conquer the acting world again.
They focus on three areas DEVELOP, SUSTAIN & CREATE –
I attended an event in Manchester a few years ago as an actress and the seminars were priceless. I went to every single one because I wanted to soak up as much info as possible, do you know what it cost me? My time and about £25. That was a very worthwhile investment to me.
I learnt lots more about castings from the various casting directors that were there, I learnt some very valuable skills about networking, how to present myself on line and much more. You know what? I still use what I learnt today and share the info with my student actors. What you learn works!
Surviving Actors really go the extra mile to help give you as many opportunities as possible. It’s down to you whether you take them and how you use them
- Seminars with industry experts
- Open casting
- Highly acclaimed companies within the industry offering discounts to Surviving Actors attendees
- And of course networking!
StandBy Method Acting Studio kick off the seminars…
This year I am very excited to announce that I am delivering a seminar “The Actor and the Craft” focusing on the whys and hows of what you can do to stay on point with your talent – if you’re one of those actors who gets so consumed with finding work that your skills seem to slip this is definitely for you.
You can book your place at my seminar (and the others) HERE
My advice would be to get over there and get stuck in!
To your success, Louise!!